About Chef Onit
I am always inspired by the way food impacts us as a society, and I never cease to search for the next interesting bite. My Food is a combination of diverse styles of cooking and flavors from all around the world. I am happy to share with you my recipes for healthy and happy food.
Chef Onit recipe for March
Bulghur Date and Carrot Pilaf
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 finely diced onion
1 clove of garlic – diced
200 grams of carrots cut into small cubes
1 cup of raw bulghur
5 pitted and chopped dates
1 tsp. Silan (date spread)
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. Baharat spice
Coarse black pepper
2 cups of water
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pot on a medium flame, fry the onion for 5 minutes until golden. Add the garlic and carrots, mix and fry until the carrot changes its color and becomes soft.
- Add the dates and season with Silan, Baharat, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour in the water and bring to a boil.
- Add the bulghur and bring to a boil once again. Cover the pot and reduce the alme. Cook for 25 minutes until the water is completely absorbed.
- Turn off the flame and leave covered for another 5 minutes. Serve hot, but if you want to serve as a cold salad, after the last five minutes, spread the bulghur on a flat wide pan to cool and dry.